Estimated reading time: 0 minutes
Everyone knows that we should drink enough during the day. But what is considered as “enough” and why? And what is the best technique? What are the benefits of drinking water?
This post answers all your questions!
But let’s take it step by step!
What are the Benefits of Drinking Water?
- Water makes up around 60% of our body, so of course it helps to contain the balance of your body fluids. The following important functions will be supported by this: digestion, transportation of nutrients and maintaining the body temperature.
- Water can help you control your daily calorie balance, better to say your appetite. First of all: one glass of water has of course less calories by far, than one glas of Coke. So replacing the Coke with water is not only more beneficial in terms of calories, it also avoids the risk of too much sugar in your system and sooner or later preventing you from diabetes. Lot’s of my clients replacing coke with juices in believing, this would be more “healthy”. But this wrong, the fruit sugar (fructose) inside the fruits is only a different form of sugar and will add additionally calories in your life.
Here are more benefits for you
- It increases your athletic performance and keeps your joints moving; they’re surrounded by cartilage that allows each bone to move freely alongside the others.
- Affects focus and concentration; sometimes we feel a little “foggy” during the day. This is caused by dehydration, which makes the brain cells shrinking slightly.
- Prevents dry skin and makes your skin looking better, wrinkles can be avoid, but of course not fully.
TIP: every time when you’re hungry, ask yourself: did I drink enough water today!? In 60% of the cases our body (in form of our brain) is only in the need of water, which it wants to add to our system in the form of food. By the way, the same applies for most of our headaches, it’s the signal to provide our body with more water.
FAQ to the Benefits of Drinking enough Water
I would suggest to buy a water bottle with 1 liter (34 oz) content, start directly in the morning, before even brushing your teeth and take it everywhere you go. Refill this bottle at least once per day! This is how you ensure to drink at least 2 liters (68 oz) of water.
Of course, this varies from person to person, but roughly 2 liters (34 oz) per day is a good goal. To be more precise this formula will help you to calculate the exact amount:
Water (in liters) to drink during the day = your bodyweight (in Kg) x 0,033
Or in lbs
Water (in ounces) to drink during the day = your bodyweight (in lbs) x 0,5
Absolutely, lemon juice will burn additional fat in your body and is a good source of vitamins.
BONUS TIP: having a glass of water 15 minutes before each meal, fills already our stomach and we tent to eat less after. I integrate this technique within my habit of Intermittent Fasting.
For more information about the Benefits of Drinking Water follow the following link.