Estimated reading time: 0 minutes
As I mentioned it already in my bio, I am participating of the benefits of the intermittent fasting. In general for your explanation: I start eating at noon time and stop eating latest by 8 pm. The idea is to give the body aside of these eight hours, time to regenerate. I am following this concept already for five years now and it helps me in many ways!
Benefits of Intermittent Fasting:
- Blood levels of insulin drop significantly, which facilitates fat burning.
- Lowers the risk for diabetes type 2.
- Cellular repair, the body induces important cellular repair processes, such as removing waste material from cells.
- Human growth hormone (HGH) levels. The blood levels of human growth hormone (HGH) increase dramatically. Higher levels of this hormone facilitate fat burning and muscle gain.
- Can reduce stress and inflammation in the body.
- Beneficial for your heart health (through decreasing of risks like blood sugar levels, blood pressure, blood triglycerides and many more)
Additionally, during my “eating time” I try to eat as healthy as possible and drink sufficient water to keep my metabolism flowing. For “sufficient” water, I would consider the following formula:
Water (in liters) to drink during the day = your weight (in Kg) x 0,033
Or in lbs
Water (in ounces) to drink during the day = your weight (in lbs) x 0,5
BONUS TIP: buy yourself a water bottle, which takes 1,5 liters/ 53 counces (0.4 gallons) and refill it once a day.
For further information about Intermittent Fasting I can only highly suggest the following website here.