Estimated reading time: 0 minutesJump to Recipe
Bulletproof what!? As some of you might already know I am following the concept of the intermittent fasting, meaning I start eating at noon and stop eating at 8 pm latest. Beside these timings I am drinking sufficient water to activate my metabolism.
Small correction, to start my day more energized I tried a few years back a Bulletproof Coffee. Some of you might already know this morning booster, as it is nothing new. As far as I know it was invented by Dave Asprey, an American entrepreneur and author. He invested a lot of his time and money in the science of his body, with the outcome “Bulletproof Coffee”.
What is it about?
Well, it’s a mixture out of coffee, butter, MCT coconut oil and collagen peptides. The recipe you will find bellow this post.
But why these ingredients?
- Coffee; tastes nice, caffeine keeps you alert and energized, burns fat, and activates your metabolism. Additionally, delivers antioxidants.
- Butter; delivers the creamy consistency, keeps you full and fueled and supports you with essential vitamins, like Omega 3, Vitamin A and the fatty acid CLA (Conjugated linoleic acid). With easy words, even though it sounds controversial, butter burns fat
- MCT coconut oil; MCT stands for Medium-Chain Triglycerides, different types of fat have different jobs, so the body and brain can run on fat, not on glucose. Bottom Line: sustained energy!
- Collagen Peptides; is good for your skin, bones, promote heart health and boost muscle mass.
For further information please feel free to visit the website of Dave Asprey here.
- 1 Blender or hand blender
- 1 Mug Brewed Coffee
- 10 gramm MCT coconut oil
- 10 gramm Butter
- 10 gramm Collagen Peptides Powder
- Brew your coffee as usual
- Place the coffee and the other ingredients in a blender (caution hot content!)
- Blend everything for 10 seconds
Start the conversation