Estimated reading time: 3 minutesJump to Recipe
Did you know that oatmeal or porridge as boring as it may sound had a huge comeback over the last year!? YES, definitely! In my opinion this revival is related to the nice presentations on Instagram and Pinterest, but mainly due to the positive aspects of the oatmeal! And actually it is super easy to do at home, as not much equipment and time is needed. So I created a super easy and fast recipe of a chocolate banana oatmeal for you, which you can perfectly integrate in your daily healthy lifestyle!
But let me explain you what exactly my Chocolate Banana Oatmeal is about!
Basically an oatmeal is a breakfast dish made from oats and liquid like water or milk, milk can be replaced of course with vegan options like Soy, Almond or Oat Drinks (milk). Meaning you will cook the oats within this chosen liquid and additionally you can add flavors as you like. So actually you can fully customize your dish as per your preferences!
But you should be careful and picky with your oats, check the nutrition label before you buy!
Some of the instant oatmeals, for example, are normally loaded with sugar. I prefer plain rolled oats, or steel-cut oats, cooked in a water, and topped with wholesome ingredients. As a Chef, I am only working with the “raw ingredients” and it’s actually pretty easy, as you will see, when you try my recipe or watch my Youtube Video!
If you want to sweeten your oatmeal a little bit, I would suggest coconut sugar, natural honey (without glucose syrup added) or agave and maple syrup.
Let’s speak about the Benefits of an Oatmeal
Eating oats is linked to a drop in LDL cholesterol, but like I use to say: eating oatmeal or other healthy dishes alone, will not bless you with a good health! It’s about the whole lifestyle you decide to go with!
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Provides antioxidants
- Promotes positive bacteria in your gut and these are burning more fat
- Helps you to feel full to manage your weight
- Eases constipation
- Lowers your chance of colon cancer
FAQ to my Chocolate Banana Oatmeal
Just replace the milk with water or go with soy or almond drink (milk) instead.
If you are gluten intolerant, look for oats that are certified gluten-free. Though oats themselves don’t contain gluten, they can get tainted with gluten when they’re being processed or growing.
Just replace the cocoa powder with coconut flakes or take it completely out of the recipe.
Well, I would say check out my video attached to the recipe. 🙂
Chocolate Banana Oatmeal
- 1 pot non-stick
- 1 spatula
- 1 bowl
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 cutting board
- 0,5 cup steel-cut oats
- 1,5 cup water
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder without sugar
- 0,5 pcs banana ripe and soft
- 1 tsp peanut butter without sugar or less sugar
- 0,5 pcs banana ripe and soft
- 2 pcs strawberries
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Take the banana, mash half of it with a fork, the other half cut into slices. Bring the water, with the cocoa powder and coconut sugar to boil. Add the oats, steer with a spatula until the oats are soaked and soft. Add the peanut butter and mashed banana.
Plating & Garnish
- Plate the oatmeal into a bowl and top it with the banana slices, strawberries and chia seeds.