Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Today I want to share one of my favorite salads for the winter time. Very easy, fast to prepare and the ingredients are almost everywhere available. Today I will share with you my recipe of a Grilled Broccoli Salad with Chicken and Dates.
During the winter it is in some parts of the world difficult to get the lettuce you are craving for, so I got a little creative and worked with ingredients, which were available also in the winter month! In general I like grilled broccoli as a side dish or just like in this recipe, as a salad. Especially I like it in the combination with soy sauce and sesame oil.
Asian Broccoli Salad
I prepared and tried already a lot of broccoli salads during my career, but I found them somehow boring. Until I went in an Asian Fusion Restaurant, nowadays you would call it Nikkei or maybe Indochine. How ever you call it, the garlic and chili excites me in combination with soy sauce and broccoli. And maybe you should give it a try, too!
As it is, actually no, but you can adjust it. Remove dates and honey out of the recipe or replace it with almonds and you are good to go.
Yes, definitely! What about a feta cheese or grilled halloumi? Maybe you want to try a smoked and marinated tofu?
Grilled Broccoli Salad with Chicken and Dates
- 1 cutting board
- 1 cooking knife sharp
- 1 blender
- 1 frying pan
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pcs shallot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 200 g broccoli
- 100 g cucumber
- 1 pcs chili
- 5 pcs dates medjoul or other ones
- 1 pcs chicken breast
- Peal the garlic and the shallot and add it together with all the other ingredients into the blender. Blend it finely.
- Wash the broccoli and cut into smaller pieces, dice the cucumber. Chop the chili finely, if you like it spicy. Grill the broccoli in a pan.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper, fry it in a pan.
- Toss the broccoli, cucumber, chili with the dressing and plate it in a bowl. Add the dates (without stone inside). Slice the chicken breast of and top the salad with it.