Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
For those of you which already heard about the book “Atomic Habits”, great! For those which are new to it, I can only recommend buying it! This book basically gives you the proven framework to achieve your goals in life and improve good habits, while breaking the bad ones. Todays post is about Atomic Food Habits, I will share with you some of my proven habits/ techniques which helped me to improve my nutrition and at the end of the day my life.
It’s tricky, sad habits are everywhere…
but it’s possible!
We are living in a world of social media, where food is omnipresent and almost everywhere accessible. The tricky thing, not all these dishes nowadays are balanced, most of the food is considered as junk food.
Du bist was du isst!Ludwig feuerbach
In Germany we have this saying and it means more or less “You are what you eat”, meaning input equals outcome. Nutrition can be the most individual thing on earth, and it provides the daily energy to master your day. In my opinion you should consider the “right fuel” for your engine, in order to be the most productive version of yourself!
What if we could have Atomic Eating Habits?
Imagine, we could have food habits, which are keeping us energized during our day and triggering the best performance as possible!? The world would be so much more interesting, or? Let me tell you, it is possible! A lot of athletes are already aware of this and taking an advantage out of this. But also you can benefit of some of these habits!
Today I will share with you some of my food habits, which helped me to improve my daily life and improved my entire well being.
- Eating a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats is very import and easy to start with. It will provide your body with a lot of nutrients and fibre. Healthy fats, like Omega 3 fatty acids from salmon are considered as “brain foods“.
- Limiting processed foods, sugary drinks, and high-fat foods. We are talking basically about Junk Food and Soda’s. STOP IT and forget about it! You eat useless carbs, which when not metabolized from your body, will be transferred into fat.
- Being mindful of portion sizes and not eating past the point of feeling full. So easy it sounds, so difficult it is. Try it with a glass of water 15 minutes before you start with your meal. It will fill the stomach and you feel less hungry.
- Planning meals and snacks in advance to avoid impulsive, unhealthy food choices. Same applies for grocery shopping, don’t go hungry in a supermarket. Your cart will be filled with emotional, not with necessary needs.
- Drinking enough water throughout the day, I cannot stress this enough. Minimum two liters (68oz) a day.
- Cooking at home and preparing meals in advance.
- Avoiding eating late at night, your body will need the focus and energy to metabolize the food, with the outcome your sleep will be poor. A proper quality sleep is very important for all of us and will not only burn fat at the end of the day!
Nutrition is an individual thing
It’s also important to keep in mind that healthy eating is not a one-size-fits-all approach, and it’s important to listen to your body and make adjustments based on your own needs and preferences. If you want to know more about my Atomic Food Habits and how to integrate them into your life, feel free to check out my book here.